All published Aspire lists will be rolling over on 3 June. This is the process that creates lists for 2016/17 so you don’t have to start a brand new list.
What do I need to do now?
- Ensure all your current 2015/16 lists are published. Anything in draft will not be rolled over, though Library Services will endeavour to do a final check to catch anything.
- Do not make copies of your new list and attach to the new academic year – this is automatically done for you.
- Do not make any changes to your lists from 4pm on Friday 3rd June until rollover is complete (maximum rollover time is 48 hours). You will receive an email to confirm rollover has happened.
What do I do after rollover?
- After rollover, go to http://resourcelists.worc.ac.uk and log-in. You cannot see your new draft list unless you are logged in.
- Find your 2016/17 list and add to My Lists. We recommend you remove your 2015/16 lists from My Lists.
- In the Edit view of your list, make any needed changes, then press Review (so we can order anything necessary) and then press Publish (to make the list visible to students). Please note lists should be updated by 1st August for semester 1 so that new items can be ordered in time.
Is that it?
- Yes, except for making any necessary changes to URLs in your module guides or handbooks. The published 2016/17 list will have a new URL. You can either use the direct URL or simply add http://resourcelists.worc.ac.uk with an instruction for students to search by module code/name.
- The new Resource List will automatically be linked into the 2016/17 Blackboard module.
Need any help?
We have webpages with step-by-step guides and videos available here: http://www.worc.ac.uk/library/services/academic-staff-support/resource-lists
Your Academic Liaison Librarian is also on hand to help you with any enquiries, either via email, over the phone, or visiting you in your office.
Aspire post-rollover support
Library Services will be offering drop-in Aspire support sessions for academic staff throughout June and July, starting 6 June. Come meet your librarians and ask any questions you may have. July dates coming soon!
6 June, 10 am-12 pm, firstpoint
9 June, 2 pm-4 pm, Hive Business Centre
13 June, 10 am-12 pm, Bredon 050
15 June, 2 pm-4 pm, Charles Hastings Reception area
21 June, 2 pm-4 pm, firstpoint
23 June, 2 pm- 4pm, Jenny Lind reception area
28 June, 10 am-12pm, Hive Business Centre
Great Hive Book Rescue
Library Services have already had some great donations, so please continue to donate and encourage your students to donate. Drop-off points are available in firstpoint, Charles Hastings, the Hive, and the foyer in Binyon.