Many staff will be approaching their Staff Review / Appraisals between now and the summer. The Leadership Development Team have developed a number of programmes which will be implemented during the academic year 2016 / 17. Each programme has specific aims but all are related to personal development and are associated with leadership and coaching.
- Leadership Certificate Programme (Level 4 Module) NB: Staff can participate in this Programme without submitting any assessment. The dates for the programme can be found in the Leadership Development Programme Leaflet attached.
- This 10 x one day University / SEDA validated Leadership Certificate aims to develop leadership skills, knowledge and understanding in a practical and theoretical way. It builds on individual strengths and develops an understanding of how teams work and awareness of the University context. It provides opportunities for all staff who want to develop their understanding and apply it in the context of their own work situation. In particular it develops opportunities to work with staff from across the University. This Programme is available to all staff in the University.
- Academic Leadership Programme (Level 7 Module)
- This comprising 6 x 2 hour sessions and 4 full days Module recognises the importance of the Course Leader to the University. The Module is based around three interlocking themes: The Course Leader themselves, their interactions with and understanding of the Course Team and, their relationship between these variables and curriculum design. The ultimate aim of the Course is to support Course Leaders in developing the provision of an outstanding student experience. The dates for the programme can be found in the Leadership Development Programme Leaflet attached.
- Leadership and Coaching Programme
- This 2 full day and 2 half day Programme aims to explore the skills and behaviours of effective coaching of the leadership style. Participants develop and reflect on their own performance in a range of skills and techniques associated with effective coaching. It is based on a strengths approach and is particularly valuable for staff who want to develop their leadership style. This Programme is available to all staff in the University. The dates for the programme can be found in the Leadership Development Programme Leaflet attached.
Staff will need to register via the online booking system on the University’s website which is located in the Your Online Services once you have logged in to the staff page.
Questions and Discussion
Any member of staff who is interested in participating in any or all of the above is welcome to have an informal chat with Malcolm Armstrong, Senior Fellow in Leadership or Julian Bancroft-Martin, Course Leader prior to committing themselves to the Programmes. If you wish to do this please book an appointment through Mary Bradley extension 2221. Leaflets have been distributed to Heads of Departments and Institutes.
Senior University Fellow