The University is offering the Cambridge CELTA Course Online as a ‘blended-learning’ level 5 teacher training course that combines online CELTA training with face-to-face components.
The input for this flexible 15 week course is conducted online, working through multimedia materials, doing interactive tasks, discussing topics with other course participants and your tutor in forums and collaborating with other course participants in a virtual classroom. Teaching practice takes place at the weekend on Saturdays.
An advantage of the online CELTA component is the increased amount of time and support for you to reflect on and develop what you have learnt. It is suitable for those who would prefer to study in their own time over a longer period and are able to attend the teaching practice weekend sessions.
Who is it for?
The CELTA course is ideal for anyone who:
• would like to learn how to teach English to non-native speakers on a flexible basis
• prefers to work and study online, or who is unable to attend normal classes at the school
• has little or no teaching experience
• would like to increase the opportunities of living and working abroad
• would like to obtain an internationally-recognised teaching qualification
• is at least 18 years old and educated to higher education or university
• is competent in both written and spoken English (C1 minimum)
• successfully completes the interview and language test
Contact Dave (email@example.com) at the Language Centre for more information.