Dates: 3rd and 4th Nov, 2016
Room: EE 1102, St John’s Campus
Time: 9.30 – 12.30
Aimed at: Anyone who has not taught in Higher Education before, or those who are very new to teaching in Higher Education (with less than 1-year full time teaching experience in Higher Education), e.g. PhD students who teach, technicians or HPLs who are new to HE teaching.
Duration: 2 x half days.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify and articulate appropriate aims and outcomes for a session of teaching
- Select and evaluate appropriate methods and techniques of teaching for their discipline and situation
- Conduct classes and student interaction in an appropriate professional manner
- Identify and assess strategies to deal with challenging teaching situations
- Give useful feedback to students on their progress as appropriate
- Undertake evaluation and reflection on their teaching
Please book via the staff development page.