Hope you all well.
I’m Hemaka Pathiranage, Vice President Student Activities at Worcester Students’ Union. This year I’m working to develop a student achievement magazine for students. This magazine will include student achievements throughout the year.
- Students that you lecture/teach might have achieved something within the university or outside the university.
- You might heard from the student about some great volunteering work within the university or outside the university.
- If your course Student Academic Representative (StAR) or you know a StAR that helps to develop student life and the course.
If you would like to submit an article it could come in a number of formats:
- A review of an amazing event
- An interview with a key volunteer
- Academic achievement from a student
- A poem highlighting societies’ success
- A review of a sports teams performance
- An inspiring story about a student who has overcome adversity to achieve.
- The list is endless….
There are a few rules you need to adhere to:
- You can’t go over 500 words
- If you submit a picture with the article it must be a good quality high resolution image (if you can’t email it bring it in to me on a USB)
- It must be factual (we will check)
- The achievement must have been undertaken (or been completed) on or after 1st September 2016.
If you don’t have a story to tell please do feel free to send us pictures of the events and activities that you have held this academic year.
We are looking to produce two issues which will be produced at the end of each semester. The submission deadline for the first edition, which will be published at the end of January is 15th December 2016.
Please send all the articles and Picture/images to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to find out about all the amazing things your students have done this semester!