Over the last year 900,000 people have given up their time to help patients in need.
We need over 6,000 blood donations every day to treat patients across England.
Why give blood?
Giving blood saves lives.
The blood you give is a lifeline in an emergency and for people who need long-term treatments.
Many people would not be alive today if donors had not generously given their blood.
Who can give blood?
Most people can give blood.
You can give blood if you:
- are fit and healthy
- weigh over 7 stone 12 lbs or 50kg
- are aged between 17 and 66 (or 70 if you have given blood before)
- are over 70 and have given blood in the last two years
- For more information visit blood.co.uk/who-can-give-blood
- When you give blood, you can save someone’s life while going about your own. Visit blood.co.uk or call 0300 123 23 23 to find your nearest session.