As temperatures drop, it’s tempting to start closing windows, but remember, letting the outdoors in is one of the important things for limiting the risk of Covid-19 in buildings. The latest Communications and Participation fundraiser has arrived just in time to help you keep warm! Our new range of handmade wraps can be worn over the shoulders, bundled around as a scarf or draped over your lap. Available in a range of colours and costing only £15, they are washable, pretty and practical. They are also only one of a kind. We have 8 available for sale and once they are gone, they’re gone!
The wraps are generous in size and are the perfect way to add an extra layer over a jumper, jacket or even your coat. They have a triangular shape, so can also can also be worn as a chunky, bandana-style scarf, or opened up and used as a handy lap blanket. Each wrap comes in an organza pouch, so it’s really easy to roll it up and carry it in a handbag or slip into a desk drawer.
Each wrap is unique. The descriptions and images below will tell you more about the colours and yarns. All wraps are machine washable on a delicate cycle.
Pick-up and delivery options
We are taking a Covid-secure approach and have three options for you:
- Delivery to your office via the internal post
- Collection outside the Communications and Participation office
- Posting to your home address
How do I order?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order. Please check with us before you make your donation, to be sure that your choice of wrap is still available.
- Let us know your preferred wrap (see images and descriptions below) and we’ll reserve it for you. Once we have confirmed availability, you can make your donation.
- Please also indicate whether you would like your order delivered to your office, placed for collection outside the Communications office in Woodbury, or posted to an off-campus address.
- If you require the postage option, we’ll of course need an address!
- All wraps have been washed and will be packed with clean hands into new tissue paper.
How much do they cost and how do I pay?
- Suggested donation £15
We would be very grateful if you could make your donation on the University’s Just Giving page for Cure Leukaemia, our charity of the year. Let us know once you have donated to the page and we’ll prepare your order.
All of the materials and time have been donated by Communications and Participation, so every penny of your donation goes directly to Cure Leukaemia.
I can crochet. Can I make a wrap for myself?
The pattern is based on the ‘Harbour Lights Wrap’ by @littlebudcreations. The pattern is available on LoveCrafts.
- Usual hand dyed yarn. A creamy background with splashes of neon yellow and a fabulous pink border. 100% merino wool.
- Jazzy hand dyed yarn, with bright aqua, lime green and white. Super soft and hardwearing nylon.
- Delicate hand dyed pattern with flecks of cherry, mustard and lilac on a creamy background. Super soft and hardwearing nylon.
- Soft grey with a hand dyed border in a snappy, bright aqua. Cosy but hardy mix of real wool and acrylic.
- Misty sea green- a soft blue/green. 100% eco-friendly, recycled cotton.
- Tea rose- a dusty and subtle pinky/purple. 100% eco-friendly, recycled cotton. (2 available)
- Mustard yellow. 100% eco-friendly, recycled cotton.