Open access is an increasingly important aspect of the scholarly communication chain, making research outcomes available to everyone. The 10th International Open Access week takes place between the 23rd and 29th October and coincides with 10th anniversary of the University’s research repository WRaP (Worcester Research and Publications). To celebrate these two anniversaries we are planning a number of events over the week:
• An exhibition of original research articles, books and other research outputs in The Hive. An opportunity to showcase the research that the University of Worcester carries out, and to explore the role of open access in research dissemination.
• We will also run three Open Access drop in sessions during the week:
– Wednesday 25 October 11am-3pm near the main reception at St John’s campus
– Thursday 26 October 11am-3pm near a reception at City campus
– Friday 27 October 11am-3pm near an atrium at The Hive